Call for provision of imperative security requirements and for permanent deployment of UN observers and a unit of Blue Helmets in Camp Liberty
According to a statement released by Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran Following statements of January 7 and 8 by the Iranian Resistance disclosing Iranian regime’s and Maliki government’s plans for the massacre of Camp Liberty residents by taking advantage of the present conditions in Iraq, mullahs’ intelligence acknowledged regime’s criminal intents and declared that the present conditions is an “exceptional opportunity for Iraq to concurrently annihilate Daesh and PMOI”.
Habilian, a well-known branch of mullahs’ Intelligence Ministry, summed up a bunch of preposterous lies in its website such as PMOI “has always supported terrorist groups like Daesh” and has sabotaged “efforts by Iraq's central government to fight terrorism” to conclude that “it is necessary for government of Iraq that concurrent with efforts to destroy al-Qaeda terrorists, seriously think about the important and exceptional opportunity for drying out the root for support of Monafeqin of these terrorists”.
Mullahs’ Gestapo went on to add: “Doubtless, the fight against terrorism in Iraq, in addition to an inclusive and thorough assault against terrorists and destruction of their sites and bases, should also include targeting their financial resources, dwellings, media and propaganda networks.” (Habilian Website, 8 January 2014)
The Iranian Resistance had disclosed in its January 7 and 8 statements:
- At the directives of Qasem Soleimani, Commander of the terrorist Qods Force, in order to justify an attack on PMOI, in Iraqi government’s propaganda, PMOI ought to be charged with having links to terrorism, al-Qaeda and Daesh!
- A considerable number of Qods Force officers have arrived at Baghdad Airport with heat-seeking missiles.
- Once again, in coordination with government of Iraq, the Qods Force is poised to attack Camp Liberty with more rockets in numbers and power. In the December 26 attack, 240mm rockets had been employed with an explosive and destructive power 20 times that of 107mm rockets that had been used in the three attacks prior to it.
- Coordination for transfer of the new rockets and their launch pads was done by Maliki’s National Security Advisor organ.
- Soleimani has asked Maliki to use the Golden (Dirty) Division, Asa’ib Ahl al-Haq and SWAT forces who were involved in the September 1 attack on Ashraf by putting on them “Daesh” uniforms to carry out a raid and massacre of residents of Camp Liberty and Sunni districts of Baghdad.
- Maliki has ordered forces from SWAT and the Dirty Division whose officers are from groups under the command of the Qods Force, to get stationed near Camp Liberty and in case conditions turn critical act against PMOI.
Acknowledgements by mullahs’ intelligence, as well as information disclosed by the Resistance, leave no ambiguity about the intent of the Iranian regime and Maliki’s government to stage another greater bloodbath. Iraqi forces’ obstruction of provision of imperative security requirements in Camp Liberty betrays the real objectives of this government. These imperative requirements are: return of 17500 T-walls, provision of adequate number of 2×2 meter concrete bunkers, transfer of protective helmets and vests and medical equipment from Ashraf to Camp Liberty, double-layering of container roofs, recognition of the right to construction in Liberty, and increasing the area of the camp to bring down the casualties.
In order to avert another massacre, the Iranian Resistance is calling for immediate intervention by the U.S. President and Secretaries of State and Defense, the UN Secretary-General, the High Commissioner for Refugees and the High Commissioner for Human Rights, and the High Representative of the European Union for provision of imperative security requirements and deployment of UN observers and a team of Blue Helmets, on a round-the-clock basis, inside Camp Liberty.