The necessity to replace the destroyed items with those available at Ashraf
statement pf Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran:
During the fourth missile attack against Liberty, much of the camp’s facilities and utilities and the residents’ property and belongings have been destroyed or severely damaged. The inflicted damages, in comparison with the 9 February and 15 June, attacks were much greater. The reason was the use of extra propellant in the 107mm rockets and also the use of 280mm surface to surface missiles that have a destruction power 20 times greater than the 107mm rockets. The inflicted damage currently recorded is as follows:
1. Eleven trailers belonging to the residents’ dwelling areas have been completely destroyed.
2. Eighty trailers have been struck by shrapnel and have been severely damaged and are in need of repair.
4. A large cafeteria was struck by a 280mm missile and as a result burnt down and completely went out of order.
5. Eleven refrigerator containers have been seriously damaged.
6. A large ice-making machine has been seriously damaged.
7. A pickup truck and a water tanker, which was used in emergency situations to put out fire, have been seriously damaged and are in need of substantial repair.
8. A number of water and black-water tanks, pipelines, power generators and gasoline tanks have been damaged by shrapnel.
9. Twenty personal computers, various monitors, printers, computer accessories, tables and chairs and stationary appliances have been destroyed.
10. Many TVs, including 11 large-screen TVs, 24 AC units and other electrical equipment and appliances have been completely destroyed.
11. Home appliances such as various refrigerators, electric heaters, warmers, industrial mixers, laundry machines and … have been destroyed and need to be replaced.
12. The residence belongings such as beds, cushions, blankets, clothing, clocks, stereo systems, radios, book and … have also been destroyed.
While Liberty, prior to the recent missile attack, lacked humanitarian standards, this attack has severely degraded the camp’s humanitarian conditions. To this end, the Iranian Resistance urges the UN and US Government to take immediate action to replace the damaged and destroyed items with those available at Ashraf.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran
December 29, 2013